A Hello, and a question

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by JamesPr, Oct 4, 2010.

1. JamesPr

JamesPr New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Hello all,

I am a senior technology student at Michigan State University. I am attempting to learn how to develop primitive or medium difficulty android applications in my spare time. I have coded a little bit in Python, Flash, HTML, and CSS. None of these are studied extensively.

In addition, I have a question on the Android SDK. Where do I ask general questions regarding installation of Android development software?

I look forward to learning more about Android in this giant community.

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to the Android forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D

Hi James, I'll move this post to the Dev section. Just follow the forwarding link and meet all sorts of great folks who will be glad to answer questions for you! :D

Steven

4. nikki_terror

nikki_terror New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    unemployed
    laurel hill, NC
    i just started learning JAVA and building android apps. i statred using eclipse helios with the ADT plugin, but i couldn't figure that out so i bought a book on java programming using Jcreator, and i'm wondering if Jcreator can be used to create android apps. If so how? and what plugins, if any, do i need?

5. miXer

miXer Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Norway
    I don't know of any plugins to JCreator, but there is a plugin for Netbeans called nbandroid