• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Home with ALL apps?

dewalist

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2009
Connecticut
Hi all,
I posted this in the Eris forum but only got one reply, so I hope I'm not violating a re-posting policy...
I got my Eris only a few days after playing with an iPod for the first time. Besides the widgets feature, there is an aspect of the iPod interface that I like better than Android. I like how the "Home" of an iPod lists all of the installed apps, but you can move them to different pages to categorize them. With Android, I go through the market and add a bunch of apps, but then I have to go add each one to one of the Home pages.

So, does anyone know of a Home interface that auto-adds apps when they are downloaded?

If the answer is "no" then I guess I'll have to put this in the Application Requests forum...

Thanks!

Hi all,
I posted this in the Eris forum but only got one reply, so I hope I'm not violating a re-posting policy...
I got my Eris only a few days after playing with an iPod for the first time. Besides the widgets feature, there is an aspect of the iPod interface that I like better than Android. I like how the "Home" of an iPod lists all of the installed apps, but you can move them to different pages to categorize them. With Android, I go through the market and add a bunch of apps, but then I have to go add each one to one of the Home pages.

So, does anyone know of a Home interface that auto-adds apps when they are downloaded?

If the answer is "no" then I guess I'll have to put this in the Application Requests forum...

Thanks!

Just double checking, but do you mean iPhone?

If so then, as far as I know, there is no app like that. That is one of the great things about Android OS phones, is that you can customize however you want. Some people don't like app icons on their screens at all, and others love to have every single app on their screens.

The flexibility of Android OS is amazing.

Upvote 0
I may have found a way to accomplish what I'm looking for. Panda Home has a feature that lets you hide icons that show up in the "all apps" window. Once I have put everything I use on their appropriate pages, I can hide ALL of the existing apps. This way, when I do pull up the "all apps" window, it will only show me new apps (the ones I haven't yet gone in and hidden). Once I put a new app on it's page, I can hide it.

If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm interested to hear it. I would prefer to stay within Sense UI but it doesn't have the "hide" feature...

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I follow what you mean, but I went through and hid all of the icons in Panda Home and verified the app window was blank. Then I went back to Sense UI (or even the default Home) and I could still see all of the icons in the app window there...

Now I am thinking in a different direction because I would rather not run two Home apps (since I'm already running Sense UI). I'm looking into a separate app launcher like aLauncher or Advanced Launcher (which doesn't launch). One of them mentioned a pane that would show only new apps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones