A little advice for new/potential android users

Last Updated:

1. ogreen32

ogreen32 New Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to congratulate you on your new foray into the android world. I hope that you are enjoying your new handset and that it brings you a lot of enjoyment. To those who are thinking about getting an android device, I'd like to offer up this little bit of advice. Android is not your typical phone or device. Android, in my mind, is more of a progressive device/model. When looking at a device, I can't say it enough but personal preference is key. With android you may want to take a different approach than with other devices. You don't want to chase the "newest" or the "biggest", instead you want to look for what you like and narrow your search from there. To start off, the OS will update across the whole platform. It may not be the same day that another device does, but you can almost guarantee that an update will happen, so you and your friend with the "new" phone will eventually run the same OS (for the most part). So, with the OS covered, you should focus on what you want in a phone. If you need or want a keyboard, look for phones with a keyboard, try them out and see which one fits you. If you like all touchscreen, try them out and see which one fits you. Your purchases should be based on you and that's the beauty of android. You make it your's. I would suggest filtering your search based on what you need and what you want and use reviews and other opinions to guide your search, but not be the end all and be all of your android journey. Hopefully, this will help someone make an informed decision on the android that works for them. Use your own judgment and preferences to choose the android that's right for you. Good luck and welcome to android!

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Great intro! Welcome to the forums! :)

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :D

4. ogreen32

ogreen32 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome! I appreciate it.

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to the group!!

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

7. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Welcome!