• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A little backup/restore help for a new Android user

So after having an iPhone for 5 years, I finally broke down and got a Galaxy S4. I am loving it but had an issue with the home button and AT&T sent me a replacement. Being used to the iPhone, I was able to just plug it in, sync it, then have everything mirrored over to my new phone as if there was never a change.

How can I back up EVERYTHING from my S4 and restore it to the new one? I am looking to have everything down to my app layout on the home screen come back.

I am loving this phone and still learning the ins and outs but I can't find a solid answer to this questions out side of backups for specific components (SMS messages etc...).

I have a 32GB card in it and can sync with my Mac.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm not really sure since its been years since I did a Kies backup and I've since moved to using third party launchers which are able to backup all their settings. What I can say however is that Kies used to be unable to backup some data, just personal data, but settings and the like arent retained. But that was 8 versions ago. However I'd still suggest tryingbout Helium.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones