• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A little bit of help please .......

Can anyone here tell me that what actually custom rom is? And is it a modified form of the actuall Os from the company or is it totally different?
And if I need to upgrade my phone from gingerbread to jellybean, where can I find the required custom Rom and does that support multi window or not?

A custom ROM is an OS. They can vary in terms of modifications. They are developed by developers who customize different aspects about the ROM.

What phone do you have? What type of phone you have depends on how you would go about rooting it. Be careful because you cannot just take any Jelly Bean ROM you find and try to load it on your phone. And not all JB ROMs have the multi window. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm hoping some others can join in to assist you.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones