1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

A little confused on multi-touchGeneral

1. condog

condog Well-Known Member

So is the Eris not capable of multi-touch? Or are there just no apps that have multi-touch for 1.5, like a keyboard? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. deman89

deman89 Well-Known Member

eris has multitouch even in the stock browser, the answer most APPS don't support multitouch.
  3. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

and it doesnt work with google maps!
  4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

multi touch is a pain, i resurrected the wifes ipod touch last night, tried to do my normal web surfing, what a PITA that was. no word wrap, and the pinch zoom sucks....you have to use both hands to do anything on it, how dumb...i was frustrated. the touch is a super slick piece of tech, but the browser implementation is poor.
  5. jdub71

jdub71 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the keyboard is where I see multitouch being most valuable. The ability to hold (accidentily, usually) one key while pressing the next one really speeds up typing.
  6. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The only 2 places I have tried to use multi-touch on the Eris are the browser and the photo albums. Not really sure I would want it in other places though. Maybe I'm just not thinking of all the possibilities, but I think it can be overrated sometimes.
  7. ludist210

ludist210 Well-Known Member

It would probably be beneficial in some games too, but outside of those three things, I'm not sure how else it would be implemented in a beneficial way.
  8. rick311

one of the main reasons i went with the eris was the mutitouch for web browsing. i didnt know the browser has word wrap. now i dont even use the multitouch while browsing.

although i think it would be helpful on google maps.
  9. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i just want it in the maps (preferably google navigation!), browser and photos.
    o and email...maybe text...wait... :)
  10. Caddyman

after getting used to the eris, word wrap is a must for me.
  11. Bravo311

Bravo311 Well-Known Member

What is word wrap?
  12. Caddyman

on a html web page, the words/text is xx pixels wide by default. if that is wider then it renders on your eris, your eris will breaks the lines of text up to fit wholly on your screen to negate the need for you to side scroll to read chunks of text.
  13. rick311

and i love that it does that!
  14. OfTheDamned

+1

It is a great feature.
  15. Caddyman

you never realize how great it is till you dont have it, i got that realization last night using the iTouch
  16. OfTheDamned

I used to hold the opinion that BlackBerry made great phones and that the OS was all I needed. I never realized how much more a phone could do with a quality UI, OS and apps. I still think BlackBerry makes some quality phones, but Android made me see how out of date the OS really is. The little things that are added in like multi-touch and word wrap on the browser (not to mention an actual webkit browser) really make a huge difference. In many ways, the stuff we don't even pay attention to makes this a great phone.