A little confused?

Last Updated:

1. DrOiD_86

DrOiD_86 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I tried to complete the 10 minute rooting guide last night I was having trouble getting past a certain point and in that part of the video it says to try using a different sd card, so I'll be going to wal-mart to buy one tonight. My question is after I root the phone using this guide, what do I have access too. Can I delete programs that came stock on the phone? Also I seen different ROMs posted on here, after my phone is rooted I can put a different ROM on the phone?

Thanks for the help, I'm coming from a blackberry and this is a little more complicated than changing the Operating System on my blackberry was.

Advertisement
  2. ooz

ooz Active Member

After rooting you can delete some stock apps. Some need to stay or you get some funny behavior (search, there is a thread about which ones are safe to remove). Once rooted you can flash recovery with the unrevoked clockwork custom recovery so you do not have to perform the wacky unreliable root procedure every time you want to access root or nand. with clockword recovery you can perform a complete nand back up, restore, mount partitions for editing, flash roms, flash kernels and probably more.