A Little Heads Up To Screen Breakage Issues On The Incredible

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

There have been MANY reports of broken screens over in Incredible land already. Im not sure if its the OLED screen being more fragile or its the flimsy nature of HTCs casings. Some people have dropped there handsets only 2 feet to hardwood floors to find broken screens. One guy missed his pocket and dropped the phone on his lawn and the screen cracked. Sooo I would suggest getting the insurance and a good strong case at least at first just to be safe. Only time will tell we wont know for sure until we start dropping our EVOS! :eek:

Advertisement
  2. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

good thing our screens are completely different

3. LS1

LS1 Well-Known Member

Last time I had an HTC Product, I dropped it onto a table from about 2 feet above, and the touch element died. I'm hoping their different now.

4. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

i dropped a touch pro2 on the floor when it flew out of my hands. nothing happened to it. no crack, no scratch, and nothing showed any signs of my phone dropping on the floor

5. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

The only good thing about my instinct (and maybe its just mine and not overall), I beat the crap out of it and its still tickin.

6. Nem_Zero

Nem_Zero Well-Known Member

Yeah, the most I've had to do to my Instinct is replace the screen because a bad drop pressed the screen on the GUI causing a constant touch input. (Replacing only after I got tired of using tape to lift the pressure from the screen lol)

Other than that, it's been good money for 2 years.

7. slimboutit

slimboutit Well-Known Member

My hero has hit the ground a few times already, once almost from a toss and with a cheap gel case it has shown no wear. My friend is walking around with a hero that has a badly cracked screen, and he hasn't lost any functionality

8. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

Hmmm I have pretty much beat up my first gen iPhone dropping it too many times and have not had a problem. Though the glass shouldn't be much larger on the EVO as physically it's not much bigger than the iPhone.

9. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

Some think it might be that stupid camera lens hanging out the back. When the phone is dropped and lands on its back the lens ring seems to get pushed in, then the whole camera internal hoo haa gets pushed into the back of the screen cracking it from the inside out.

10. WordIsBorn

WordIsBorn Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the screen. My wife and I have both been using HTC HD2s since they launched on March 24th, and I have dropped it a couple times on the pavement without any issues. Plus if my wife hasn't broken hers yet, then its definately a sturdy phone!

reallynotnick likes this.
  11. drksilenc

yea the tft's that htc uses are really durrable. my friend had a mogle and it fell out of his pocket while on a ride at kennywood when he was upside down. he got it back and it still worked with the glass cracked.

12. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems with screens breaking on my HTC phones (and I've had several over the years, currently using a Touch Pro 2).

There were a ton of complaints about the screen breaking on the HD2 though. I think HTC even advised against carrying it your pocket at some point.

13. WordIsBorn

WordIsBorn Well-Known Member

No the Nexus One was the phone they said not to put in your pocket, wich makes sense as it is the same screen they are using in the Incredible. I can gaurantee you that the HD2 is a sturdy phone/screen, but HTC is using a different touch sensor in the EVO, so I dont know if it will be the same peice of glass as the HD2, or not. Guesss we will have to wait and see

14. hopalee

hopalee Well-Known Member

OMG, I LOVE Kennywood! I was born in Monroeville, but grew up in TX. I still have family in the area and have gone to visit many times and every time we go to Kennywood! Have you seen Adventureland? It was filmed there! I was watching the movie and I was like damn, that looks familiar! So I googled it and sure enough, it was at Kennywood!

So back on topic, I REALLY hope the screen doesn't get messed up!

15. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

lol, I hate getting off topic but I too have family back in PA and have been to Kennywood a few times. Didn't really realize Adventureland was filmed there, it looked sort of familiar but I figured just about every theme park looks similar. I always hate taking my phone to theme parks because of rides and water, never really figured out the best way to handle it.

Well I have read mixed things about the HD2 screen, it just seems some people get really lucky with screens while others don't. Though maybe people are sometimes actually slightly throwing their phones to the ground? Who knows, my 2G iPhone is really tough and I hope this phone is similar. I wouldn't mind something like the Tech 21 iBand case for it though.

16. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

had mine in the roof of my car, as i drove away it landed on my trunk, and then when i turned it flew off the car... scratched on the corners, but completly fine otherwise :eek:

17. drksilenc

best thing to do is get a bluetooth headset for theme parks. something u can put inside your shirt durring the ride and keep the phone in the backpack