A little help please with deleting emailsSupport

1. stfc

stfc Member

Hi

I set up my pulse to receive my Tiscali emails but I wondered if anybody has found a way of deleting more than one email at a time.

When I check my emails and for example it downloads 10 rubbish emails that I don't need to read, I wondered if there was a way of just deleting the inbox as opposed to having to open each email in turn and deleting individually?

Cheers
    Chris

Advertisement
  2. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Is your Tiscali email a POP3 server?

If so, my solution is as follows: I have the phone set to download the email but to NOT delete it from the server. I have my laptop set to download the email AND delete it from the server.

This way I get to see my email on the phone when out and about. I read but I don't delete anything (deleting just makes it go to the deleted items foler and there's no way to empty that in bulk). When the laptop is on, all the email is downloaded and deleted from the server and the next time the phone checks, it see's that the email is no longer on the server and deletes it from the phone.

That way I never have more than a day's emails on the phone and it's manageable.

IMAP is a better option if you can get it - that way you can see email you have sent from the phone, also on on your desktop.
  3. ceedee

ceedee Well-Known Member