1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

A little help please with Gameboid.

Last Updated:

1. Corvette

Corvette Member This Topic's Starter

So I just found out about the Gameboid emulator and out of curiosity, I downloaded Pokemon Emerald. It runs great on my Droid X. Sound works perfectly, game runs at 100% of its normal speed.

I want to use cheats, though. It is my understanding that no one can figure out how to use the cheats feature correctly. Does it simply not work? I grabbed codes off of Gameshark's official website and they still don't have any affect on the game.

So what I decided to do was download VisualBoyAdvance for my PC, load the rom, use the cheats, make a save file and transfer it over to my droid. But I can't find any ROMs on the web to download for VBA that aren't corrupt. Somehow the ROM I have on my droid is fine; I downloaded it via DroidEmuRomGet. But if I try to grab the ROM off of my droid and transfer it over to my PC, I find that when I browse my droid using my PC, it doesn't show any of the files I can see using AndroZip... Even though the file extensions are the same.

This thing is fighting me, lol. Normally with something unimportant like this I'd give up, but I don't like being beaten by a challenge. Anyone here that can help me out?

Advertisement
  2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

I think I just used the first one that came up when I searched google for pokemon Emerald ROM. I think it was from doperoms. I don't really know that much about gameboid because I use a different emulator but do you only have the paid version or the free version, you may need the paid version to use cheats.