1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

A little help regarding contracts.

1. BNFK

BNFK New Member

Hi guys! So, believe it or not I've been able to make do without a mobile phone in my life for years now! Crazy, I know... But I'm at the point where I really need one and I just needed a bit of help understanding something.

PAYG is out of the question, so my options are contract or buy a phone and pay for a monthly sim. So this is my attempt at understanding the differences (I'm using example amounts of money):

Bought phone (S3) + monthly sim is

Advertisement
    :
  2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

BNFK and ocnbrze like this.
  3. BNFK

BNFK New Member

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I just want to clarify, the way I described the differences between a contract and buying a phone then paying for a monthly sim, is that all accurate? As in, it would work out cheaper to go contract overall?

Thanks again!
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Contract is cheaper because you have to stay with them for 2 years, that's why they offer such a low price for the device.

While the other option offers you the flexibility to drop the plan/provider if you do not like them.

In other words, if you like the provider and don't mind being stuck with them for 2 years then go contract/free phone
    BNFK likes this.
  5. BNFK

BNFK New Member

So if I find a deal that I like, price/service etc. then I pay a set price for the length of the contract with no changes in price right? What I mean is if I find a deal that states I pay
  6. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

BNFK likes this.
  7. BNFK

BNFK New Member

Thanks a lot! One more question: data usage. How does that work? Is that to do with how much you download, or general usage (browsing etc.) If so, is it like being on a timer, or...? If so, does that account for using the Twitter app and stuff like that?

That's my last question, thanks for any help!