• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A little help with my htc magic.

So here's what i have.

Model Number = HTC Magic
Firmware version = 1.5
Baseband version = 62.62S.20.18U_322.20.17
Kernel version = 2.6.27-357075db herbert@and18-2 +1069
Build Number = 2.15.901.4 146733 CL#30006 release-keys

alright. Here's what i would like to know. I bought this phone just recently. And i love it. I want to find out one thing. The landscape orientation does not have the send or search button. The phone is from TIM. Can anyone please help me fix this problem?

So here's what i have.

Model Number = HTC Magic
Firmware version = 1.5
Baseband version = 62.62S.20.18U_322.20.17
Kernel version = 2.6.27-357075db herbert@and18-2 +1069
Build Number = 2.15.901.4 146733 CL#30006 release-keys

alright. Here's what i would like to know. I bought this phone just recently. And i love it. I want to find out one thing. The landscape orientation does not have the send or search button. The phone is from TIM. Can anyone please help me fix this problem?

Not sure what you are referring to ... Are you Talking about The Google search Widget ?

Upvote 0
im referring to the text messaging and in general typing on the landscape orientation. so yes including the google search widget. I looked on youtube about a sample video of my phone and i guess this setting is standard. It looks kinda like this when im texting.
htc-magic-text-landscape-mode.jpg

Upvote 0
i understand that. what i mean to say is that i dont want to hit back-key to hit the send. i just want to have the same keyboard as shown in the pictures. also, i saw an "xt9" on the bottom left corner of the keyboard.

In my previous post ... I said you might not be using the default messaging app to create/reply/send your msgs with ...???

Which SMS app are you using that is giving you the problem ?

Upvote 0
@justjimpc: I have an HTC Magic with Rogers, and I notice I have the same thing when using the _default_ SMS app that came with the phone. When i turn the phone to landscape, I lose the Send button.

I guess this is just a different version of Android based on the carriers? For example all the screenshots of the T-Mobile MyTouch (Magic) show that the Google search widget has a mic button to use speech search, which the Rogers Magic does NOT have. I'm guessing this Send button thing is a similar difference in OS releases based on carrier/region?

And to clarify, so you know what I mean by the default sms app, I have NOT installed any other sms apps. When I go to contacts, and choose to txt one of my contacts by clicking the appropriate entry, I get the default sms app.

Upvote 0
im not using any sms app. I agree with what mjschmidt said. that is what i am thinking as well. is there anyway to fix this, or am i stuck with this default setting?

I dont know then .... it may be a rogers custom build issue ... from all the posts Rogers has to be a Real TRIAL do deal with all their mucking and techinical issues ...

Happy I am using TMO ... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones