• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A lock screen with a pin that shows messages like iphone

a_ahmed

Lurker
Oct 18, 2012
Hello,

I have owned iphone 3, 3s, 4s and finally did the dive on an android. Samsung galaxy s3 and im in love.

At first, i realized the android is not as out of the box as iphone... but after some customizing I LOVE IT.

I am still having a few things I am unhappy with, in particular switching from the iphone mail client (found innomail but it doesnt let me send hotmail give serrors and doesnt show all folders even if i go into account).

With this thread in particular I had a question regarding the lock screen.

With the lockscreen if i dont use a pin i can have messages show up on screen... but if i use a pin it blocks out everything from the screen.

I would like to have the PIN but when i open the screen be able to see number of emails received, number of messages received, notifications. Iphone had this and i found this useful. Now I am forced to unlock each time with pin to slide down notification screen and then check.

I also wish that the pin code you would type it and it unlocks vs having to click ok each time like the iphone

Is this possible?

I am tech savy, I already rooted the phone, but I am unable to figure out which apps can do this and need some help and advice :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones