A lot of awake time while screen is off.Support

Last Updated:

1. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

As you can see I have quite a bit of awake time while the screen is off.

That picture is a bit weird as I usally don't have big chunks like that but LOTS of small lines. Next time it goes like that I can post an image. Anyway my battery drops faster than my mothers note 2 by quite a bit, and after investigating it is the awake time that is the issue.

I normally have lots of small awake lines while screen is off. She has nearly none.

Both our notes are brand new.

The only apps I have are : Whatsapp, Viber, Drawsomething (notifications off), and temple run 2.

Anyone know what could be causing this? The battery drain its causing is really bugging me.

Advertisement
  2. cryofy

cryofy Member

If both devices are brand new and have the same settings, the battery draining could be caused by one of the following:

- different set of apps installed (some idling in the background keeping your device awake etc.) --> install the same set of apps on your mothers device and compare the behaviour
    - different carriers or different location where the device is being kept ('signal quality') --> keep them together & compare
    - maybe some hardware issue on your device --> factory reset your device, don't install any apps & compare it with your moms device

At least that's what I can think of atm...
  3. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maps seems to be staying awake A lot. Any way to stop this and see if it's the culprit? GPS was already off. I want to exhaust all my other options before a reset. I don't want to start from scratch
  4. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me but over 24 hours without a charge, looks pretty decent to me;) I wouldn't be too concerned
  5. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

Yeah I generally get through 24 hours with my average use and end up with around 50% battery and I put it on charge then.

So yeah the device has AMAZING battery and I'm not too concerned. I was just curious as to what's causing the awake time, and a little extra charge never hurts =P
  6. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

An example of the big amount of awake time. My mums phone has next to none.

In 7 hours the screen has been off except for 2 or so messages I have sent. It has dropped 15 odd percent. My mums would have dropped only 1-5%
  7. dude18

dude18 New Member

Did you try betterbatterystats to identify any wakelocks?
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That looks entirely normal by looking at the graph. A wake lock would be a solid bar of awake without any deep sleep.

It looks to me like you have a lot of things setup to sync. Email, Facebook ect will wake up the device to check for new content and then go back to sleep after
  9. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

I had sync turned off on pretty much everything. I have no idea what was causing it but it has stopped now. I haven't changed any settings and have little awake time now. Strange...