A lot of awake time while screen is off.Support

1. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

As you can see I have quite a bit of awake time while the screen is off.

That picture is a bit weird as I usally don't have big chunks like that but LOTS of small lines. Next time it goes like that I can post an image. Anyway my battery drops faster than my mothers note 2 by quite a bit, and after investigating it is the awake time that is the issue.

I normally have lots of small awake lines while screen is off. She has nearly none.

Both our notes are brand new.

The only apps I have are : Whatsapp, Viber, Drawsomething (notifications off), and temple run 2.

Anyone know what could be causing this? The battery drain its causing is really bugging me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. cryofy

cryofy Member

If both devices are brand new and have the same settings, the battery draining could be caused by one of the following:

- different set of apps installed (some idling in the background keeping your device awake etc.) --> install the same set of apps on your mothers device and compare the behaviour
    - different carriers or different location where the device is being kept ('signal quality') --> keep them together & compare
    - maybe some hardware issue on your device --> factory reset your device, don't install any apps & compare it with your moms device

At least that's what I can think of atm...
  3. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maps seems to be staying awake A lot. Any way to stop this and see if it's the culprit? GPS was already off. I want to exhaust all my other options before a reset. I don't want to start from scratch
  4. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me but over 24 hours without a charge, looks pretty decent to me;) I wouldn't be too concerned
  5. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

Yeah I generally get through 24 hours with my average use and end up with around 50% battery and I put it on charge then.

So yeah the device has AMAZING battery and I'm not too concerned. I was just curious as to what's causing the awake time, and a little extra charge never hurts =P
  6. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

An example of the big amount of awake time. My mums phone has next to none.

In 7 hours the screen has been off except for 2 or so messages I have sent. It has dropped 15 odd percent. My mums would have dropped only 1-5%
  7. dude18

dude18 New Member

Did you try betterbatterystats to identify any wakelocks?
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That looks entirely normal by looking at the graph. A wake lock would be a solid bar of awake without any deep sleep.

It looks to me like you have a lot of things setup to sync. Email, Facebook ect will wake up the device to check for new content and then go back to sleep after
  9. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

I had sync turned off on pretty much everything. I have no idea what was causing it but it has stopped now. I haven't changed any settings and have little awake time now. Strange...