A modest proposal for a 'sticky'General

Last Updated:

1. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 18, 2010
    It would be helpful to us Incredible/Android newbies for the experience users to post hard and fast fact stickies about features, implementations, usage of the new phones.

By hard and fast, I mean "if you do this, then this happens."

For gmail to work properly, you have to have either Wi-Fi or 3G data up or running.

Is that true? I can't say it is, because I am two feet away from my router, and while I can surf the net, I can't seem to receive a gmail.

And so on...

There probably are 100 simple statements that could be posted in a sticky that would help us newcomers.

soulfetcher13 likes this.
  2. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    There is a sub forum but I agree, something right at the top of the main forum would be nice. Here is one though, if you go to the Eris forum and in their tips and tricks, many of them hold true for the incredible as well. I had an Eris prior to this and aside from subtle differences to sense, many of the tips, work-arounds etc are still valid. Hope that helps.
  3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    This would be great in theory if it worked. Unfortunately there are a few problems:

1. There would be literally a million of these comments.

2. Just as each user is unique, so is each problem. I ssoooo wish it was easy to help someone with something by simply saying "the Eris can't have use turn-by-turn Google Maps instruction"

3. Because once I write that above statement, a few weeks later, the Eris IS now capable of that. You'd need someone full time monitoring all the statements to be sure there are 100% true.

The idea is nice, but it couldn't work on a community forums like this.