A moment of your time

Last Updated:

1. jmc55

jmc55 Active Member This Topic's Starter

im a former blackberry user and am having a little trouble figuring a few things out with my hero. i would very much appreciate any assistance you can offer.

1. i get pics of my new baby from my wife through 'message' but cannot figure a way to save them.

2. when viewing an image on the internet, how do you 'save as' one?

3. i have a custom ringtone (mp3) that i want to assign to all calls. i tried bringing it up in the music app but dont see a way to assign it.

thanks if you can help with any of these. :)

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

When in doubt with android, always try a long press. Press and hold on images, and usually, a menu will pop up with options. Try that for #1 and #2.
    #3, Ringdroid app in the market should do what you're asking. It makes mp3s into ringtones.

3. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

I know in the browser you can long press (press and hold for a couple seconds) on a pic to get a menu to 'save image'. I don't know for sure but I would assume you can do the same thing with picture mail.
    As for the mp3 issue, I have no idea since I haven't tried anything like that before but it sounds like an app could handle that.

4. 330D

:rolleyes:

Ummmm, yeah.....

;)

5. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

As 330D said, "long press" - learn it, live it, love it! For MP3s as phone sounds, make the following folders on your SDcard: ringtones, notifications & alarms. Drop any MP3 you want to use for these functions in the appropriate folder. Done!

Just re-read #3 - from the music app, select the song you want as a ringtone > click Menu > select Set as Ringtone. This lets you set it as the standard phone ringer or individual contact ringer and lets you trim MP3s to boot!

6. jmc55

jmc55 Active Member This Topic's Starter

you guys are awesome...thank you so much!!!

7. 330D

Stock music app does this? I didn't know that....:eek:

8. fivebass52

fivebass52 Well-Known Member

the stock music app can assign a song to your default ringtone list, but it takes an app like ringdroid to edit/chop a song into smaller sound files.

9. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

Stock app has a ringtone trimmer as well, but I still prefer using Ringdroid

10. fivebass52

fivebass52 Well-Known Member

I'm rooted and not running stock music app, and don't see a way to do it in the music app I have in Fresh 2.0d, but for anyone still using stock OS, it's good to know the feature is there...