• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A Multitude of Replenish Problems

Brikachu

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
I've had my Samsung Replenish for just over a year now, and I've always been happy with it. That is, until last night. Last night I was texting and somehow I managed to royally screw up my phone. I have never had any problems with it before this, and I'd love any advice besides "get a new phone".

1.) The keyboard doesn't light up whenever I press any keys. The only way I can get it to light up is by press shift+fn+a+s in a row, quickly/simultaneously.

2.) My power button (at the top right-hand side of the phone) doesn't put the phone into sleep-mode OR turn my phone off anymore. The only way I can "wake up" my phone is to press shift+fn+a+s, and when I do, it acts as the power button and brings up the "Shut-Down Menu" (the one with Airplane Mode, Silent Mode, and Shut Down).

3.)Whenever the phone shuts down, it automatically turns itself on again, even when I take the battery out and then put it back in.

So, my basic question is for the first two problems: Is there a way that I possibly changed the "effect" of pushing some buttons? How can I change it back, if it's possible?

As for the other problems, I've tried a system restore but I've kept my contact+picture info and other info. I'm not sure if it's worth erasing everything completely. Does anyone have any advice for me?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones