• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A music app that will stream the song I want?

seanman05

Lurker
Jan 26, 2010
Hello. I am wondering if there any music apps (besides Pandora, Last.fm, imeem, Slacker, etc.) that will play the song that I want it to? For example, say I want to listen to Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z, what app can I go to and type in "Empire State of Mind" and listen to that song, instead of "similar songs"?

All of these Pandora, Slacker, etc apps are exactly the same. Why can't I listen to the song I want instead of similar songs? I just don't get it.

Doesn't sound like you have a Rhapsody subscription, but there's a beta software release out now that lets you pick any song, album, artist, etc and listen to your heart's content. Naturally, it isn't free-- it's $15 per month (at least through VZW, which is where I signed up for it), but I absolutely LOVE it. The beta application is fantastic too-- can't imagine it'll be too terribly long before they release it. Hope this helps somewhat! :)

Upvote 0
Doesn't sound like you have a Rhapsody subscription, but there's a beta software release out now that lets you pick any song, album, artist, etc and listen to your heart's content. Naturally, it isn't free-- it's $15 per month (at least through VZW, which is where I signed up for it), but I absolutely LOVE it. The beta application is fantastic too-- can't imagine it'll be too terribly long before they release it. Hope this helps somewhat! :)

Do you get to keep any songs with this service? By keep I mean that Zune gives you 10 free soings a month and I think Napster gives you 5 free songs a month that you get to keep after you quit the service.

Upvote 0
Do you get to keep any songs with this service? By keep I mean that Zune gives you 10 free soings a month and I think Napster gives you 5 free songs a month that you get to keep after you quit the service.

This is what I do. I downloade imusic. I put in the song or artist I want to hear. Click listen online instead of download and I listen to whatever song I want for free. Works good on VZW 3g too.

Upvote 0
Hello. I am wondering if there any music apps (besides Pandora, Last.fm, imeem, Slacker, etc.) that will play the song that I want it to? For example, say I want to listen to Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z, what app can I go to and type in "Empire State of Mind" and listen to that song, instead of "similar songs"?

All of these Pandora, Slacker, etc apps are exactly the same. Why can't I listen to the song I want instead of similar songs? I just don't get it.
remember imusic!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones