1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

A music app that will stream the song I want?

Last Updated:

1. seanman05

seanman05 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello. I am wondering if there any music apps (besides Pandora, Last.fm, imeem, Slacker, etc.) that will play the song that I want it to? For example, say I want to listen to Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z, what app can I go to and type in "Empire State of Mind" and listen to that song, instead of "similar songs"?

All of these Pandora, Slacker, etc apps are exactly the same. Why can't I listen to the song I want instead of similar songs? I just don't get it.

Advertisement
  2. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member

Where are you? Spotify does this but it's a paid subscription service and not available in the USA.

3. seanman05

seanman05 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm, yeah I'm in the US. Also don't want to pay for it if possible. Thanks anyways. I've been looking and I'm not seeing much.

Grooveshark offers it, but again, you have to be a Pro member or whatever they call it.

4. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

5. Theogenes

Theogenes New Member

Doesn't sound like you have a Rhapsody subscription, but there's a beta software release out now that lets you pick any song, album, artist, etc and listen to your heart's content. Naturally, it isn't free-- it's $15 per month (at least through VZW, which is where I signed up for it), but I absolutely LOVE it. The beta application is fantastic too-- can't imagine it'll be too terribly long before they release it. Hope this helps somewhat! :)

6. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

Do you get to keep any songs with this service? By keep I mean that Zune gives you 10 free soings a month and I think Napster gives you 5 free songs a month that you get to keep after you quit the service.

7. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

This is what I do. I downloade imusic. I put in the song or artist I want to hear. Click listen online instead of download and I listen to whatever song I want for free. Works good on VZW 3g too.

8. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

remember imusic!