• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A N D R O I D - F O R U M : GUIDE APPRECIATION WEEK (Feb 1-7)

Rico ANDROID

Android Expert
Mar 10, 2011
In Cell Phone SIMetery
Every day when I browse the forum I see the name of a new Guide that Ive never met before or, have never seen their name online.

Could we hold a GUIDE APPRECIATION WEEK here on Android Forum where Guides can post and introduce themselves here and how long they've been a Guide?

cakeface2.jpg

And could we loyal die,hard Android Forumists also post a message of appreciation for all the great work this great bunch does?

If this is a stoopid and bad idea,.....then its all Yeahha's (Ponyboy) fault..

What do you say? Want to kick it off during the first 7 days of Feb? The month for "Showimg some luv?...even to yeahha too (if we ha v e to)!

Android Forum Guides
(List provided by Frisco!)
San Fran FRISCO

330D

agentc13

Airmaxx23

AndroidSPCS

andygu3

AndyOpie150

BlueBiker

bobcat331

chrlswltrs

colchiro

D-U-R-X

DonB

doogald

drexappeal

Frisco (Guide Leader)

Granite1

Jedii

jerofld

johnlgalt

karandpr

KENNECTED

LBPHeretic

lexluthor

mhotovec

nj02vette

ocnbrze

olbriar

quantumrand

reinbeau

Rush Lindsay

SamuraiBigEd

scotty85

scudder

Scur

sdrawkcab25

septembersrain

ShinySide

Shotgun84

SolidOrange

The_Chief

trophynuts (xD)

VoidedSaint

Wolfedude88

WormDoes

xmr405o

Xtremedays

YankeeDudeL

Yeahha

Youdoofus

ALostPacket (now mod)
Lunatic59( now mod)
El Presidente!(now mod)
B2L (alumnist)

ImNotWorthy.gif

(i'm ONLY wearing this color
for GUIDES Apprecition Week
picsay-1328093412.jpg

Maybe a Mod week later in the month where all mods intro selves giving such young and sweetly innocent af noobies as myself a chance to kknow who they are and a chance to say thanks (...as long as none are yeahha...kiddn)

I looked into settimg an Event.Remimder here on the site to ping me on Wed 2/1, but didmt see.a way to set one..

http://androidforums.com/calendar.php?do=viewreminder

Upvote 0
I know ive drawn close to a few great guides (you too, yeahha...) here in my short period on AF and ive seen familiar and unfamiliar names when browsing the forums.. Putting my sweet innocent and oh so modest and g-rated jokings aside so to really say how much these guys are appreiated and love to know who the rest of them are.

Cant wait til tomorrow when the week officially kicks off!

Upvote 0
What a wonderful idea!

The Guides really don't get the appreciation they deserve much of the time. Big internet hugs and kisses for all those who have worn green for this forum.

Just make sure when OTD hugs you, you are wearing a Kevlar

Upvote 0
After guide week and mod week, don't forget admin week! Though since we have (and need) only one, maybe we only need a day or so?

I'd also like to add appreciation for all those non staff that contribute heavily here and make our (guides, mods and admin) jobs so pleasurable. I think you (mostly) know who you are, and YOU ROCK! Thanks.

Upvote 0
Stinkcefus-Slinkses I, II and III, its been prophesied that YOU shall become a PHASES CO-RULER some day.
images

xD

HAHAHA

looool!

Let troll this thread RIGHT now buddy!! :)

My troll sense is itching and beggin to be let loose!

BUT all emperor's need a good bunch of slaves to build a good Monument of my but ugly self!! :)

(Whip cracking noise in background...)

slaves.gif

GET BACK TO WORK YOU GOOD FOR NOTHIN SLAVES!!!

MOOOOOVE OR SMELL MY WRATH

XD

Whahahahahaha I can imagine it right now!

KING TUTEN STINKY SLINKY the 4th

:D

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
I think this is a really good idea. As is the idea for a mod appreciation week. I know I sometimes see a name in green or red that I've never run and across and wonder where they were hiding.
Thanks to all the organizers of this wondrous place!!

I wonder the same thing. Are they assigned certain areas? I have seen most of the mods wherever I have been (I do support a mod appreciation week) but I limit my posts to where I am able to help people so I probably am active on 2% of the forums here. If the guides are assigned, or specialize in certain areas, it would be great to know. Then we could make sure new folks asking questions are not only sent to the correct area (phone forum, app dev, etc) but that they may want to seek out a guide that may point them to a specific thread dealing with what they are asking for.

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
I'll chime in here... Guides aren't necessarily assigned certain areas... They pick phone forums where they spend most of their time, and then from there branch out and use the community like everyone else, all the while looking a little harder for misplaced posts and spam and users toeing the line. It is encouraged to look in places that are often times less used. Introductions is a big guide hangout. I'm sure there is more i'm missing, but that's the gist of it really.

Upvote 0
Ahh thank you for offering to give me all the credit if this crashes and burns Rico...:D I feel your love
at least I hope that is what I am feeling ;)

Jokes aside I love this place and am grateful I have been given an opportunity to give back to AF. The rest of the staff here is awesome and helpful. I also can't help to say all the members here who are blue/yellow are amazing as well, staff alone can't make a forum and really the non-staff members are the heart and soul of AF :D

Upvote 0
^What a load of crap. :rolleyes:;)

It's not quite tomorrow, but if I post this now, maybe less people will actually read it & I'll be less embarrassed...

First to Frisco- Kudos for assembling and corralling this excellent band of bozos. :)

To all the guides I've never had the pleasure of meeting- Kudos to you for actually doing your jobs instead of hanging out in Forum Games. :D

To our resident OV forum guide- Thanks for the sig, and for reminding me every day (seriously, he won't shut up about it :rolleyes:) that holding grudges is an enormous waste of energy. :)

To the FG crew- Thanks for assuring me that my disinterest in all things anime related is completely justified, for exactly 15 minutes worth of actual guidance, and mostly for many, many hours of laughs, which means more than I can ever express. :)

Damn, that's sappy...

So, in honor of all of you tremendous folks in green, I will proudly don this embarrassing avatar for the duration of the week:
melimava1.png

Thankfully the script on the shirt is unreadable when it's shrunken to avatar size. Please note still-healing flesh wound sustained in FG.

Upvote 0
Caught Yeahha , Karandpr and Agent13 (aka: the stolen inflatible named Sharon) hanging out at the
"ANDROID FORUMS Lounge and BAR" (located on the corner of Hollywood and Vine).

Karan gettn tipsy on Apple-tinis
picsay-1328121722.jpg

Congrats Guys! for a job well done! Yeahha, GET HELP! Go to your AF Intervention to help you get over that "identity crisis" XD (couldnt help it)

A Few Guides I like to thank:
(Wild Screen Names!)
San Fran FRISCO
Agent13
AndroidSPCS
AndyOpie150
Yeahha
Karandpr
Olbriar
Jedii
SolidOrange
SumaraiBIGEd
TrophyNuts ( XD)
ALostPacket (now mod)
Lunatic59( now mod)
El Presidente!(now mod)
B2L (alumnist)

ImNotWorthy.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones