• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A network error has occured

I just bought 2 Droids and they are about 4 days old. Since the first day we have gotten them we have been getting this message, "a network error has occurred retry or cancel and return to the previous screen." This happens 2 or 3 times a day at least over 3G and wifi. Anything using the Internet won't work including the market and the browser. From what I have researched a lot of people have been getting this error but I haven't found a fix yet, anybody know what I could do?

My husband and I found out real fast that we can't use wifi. We turned it off and have had no problems with the network error message.

Thanks for the suggestion but my problem seems to be different then yours, this is happening on wifi and 3g when wifi is turned off.

Edit: Well went to the Verizon store and the enabled roaming and it seems to have worked so far if anyone else is having this problem. Setting-Wireless and networks-Mobile networks- Data roaming.

Upvote 0
I don't have an exact answer but can offer a few suggestions to try.

1. If you turn off the Droid's wifi and restart the phone does the problem persist with the 3g connection?

2. Does the 3g connection problem exist everywhere or is it localized to your house, work etc where you would have a wifi connection?

The reason I ask is I had a problem using wifi at one point and though it didn't affect my 3g it was playing havoc with the wifi connecting and disconnecting to the router and switching between my 3g and wifi connection when I was at home. Not sure what caused it (possibly a bad app (reason to explain to your 8 year old that the market is not one of daddy's games:eek:))

Also try reseting your router (power on/off) to see if helps with the connection.

In the end a had to do a factory reset on my Droid and have had no problems since. The wifi works great since along with everything else.

Don't know if these will help but may be worth trying.

Reactions: snowthedirtbub
Upvote 0
I don't have an exact answer but can offer a few suggestions to try.

1. If you turn off the Droid's wifi and restart the phone does the problem persist with the 3g connection?

2. Does the 3g connection problem exist everywhere or is it localized to your house, work etc where you would have a wifi connection?

The reason I ask is I had a problem using wifi at one point and though it didn't affect my 3g it was playing havoc with the wifi connecting and disconnecting to the router and switching between my 3g and wifi connection when I was at home. Not sure what caused it (possibly a bad app (reason to explain to your 8 year old that the market is not one of daddy's games:eek:))

Also try reseting your router (power on/off) to see if helps with the connection.

In the end a had to do a factory reset on my Droid and have had no problems since. The wifi works great since along with everything else.

Don't know if these will help but may be worth trying.

Thanks for the tips seems to be working now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones