A new android phone maker - CSL

Last Updated:

1. mydragoon

mydragoon Member This Topic's Starter

Just thought of sharing this Android phone that is being advertised in Malaysia -- The Spice MI300.

The Spice MI300 is an Android 3G phone which is powered by a Qualcomm chipset and 600MHz processor.

To capture and view pictures, the MI300 comes with a 3.2in HVGA capacitive touchscreen along with a 5-megapixel camera. As for storing applications, the MI300 comes with 512MB of ROM and 256MB of RAM.

Supposedly costing rm1099 (or about USD343) with NO data plans what-so-ever.

Some additional links:

CSL - The manufacturer

Just to share & compare, Samsung Galaxy S sells for about rm2400 (more than twice the price of this Spice MI300). But I personally won't go anywhere near this one unless someone wants me to review the phone for Phandroid (and pay for the handset). :D :D

Advertisement
  2. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

Meh i'll pass, 600mhz cpu now in 2010?

3. substring

substring Well-Known Member

Price is irrelevant when it comes to smartphones because they all end up with a sticker price of $199 with 2 years contract anyway.

With so many well-established players in the market, I will not consider any unproven new comer, especially when the company's name does not associate with anything else.

Malaysia is known for assembling because of the cheap labor. It is not known for high tech innovation. Therefore, I suspect it is just another one of those knock-off brands.

4. salimbest83

salimbest83 New Member

im using it now..
    got it for RM699 only..
    really cheap n better one than Wildfire, Galaxy 5 and optimus one
    price n spec wise

5. salimbest83

salimbest83 New Member

im using it now..
    got it for RM699 only..
    really cheap n better one than Wildfire, Galaxy 5 and optimus one
    price n spec wise