A new day a new question. Launcher Pro+blur

Last Updated:

1. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After hours of google fishing, my hook is still baited with no nibbles. So time to poll the phandroid experts!

I see screenshots and talk of using moto blur widgets with launcher pro. While I can see some widgets I can't see all of them...but that isn't really what I care about... I honestly would just like to use the blur gallery with Launcher Pro...but when I launch gallery I just see the stock gallery. Any fixes for this, or just something I have to deal with?

Rooted and deodexed on Froyo 2.3.9

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. tcallahan

tcallahan Well-Known Member

i dont think its launcher pro doing that. I also noticed that my gallery is back to stock after updating to the leak x.x.15. I think the bluresc gallery was removed from the zip i updated from. but i may be wrong.

Now also regardless of whats causing it just like the OP i would love to go back to the blur gallery. Anyone know how to do this??

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I didn't even realize that was the Motoblur specific gallery, but I guess that makes sense considering some of the videos that I've seen on YouTube for other devices and/or firmwares.

I upgraded to the official OTA 2.3.15 and I'm using the different gallery now as well. I don't think there's anything, "causing," it. I think it was just removed in this update. I can't be certain and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I've done anything to the software to suggest otherwise. I've rooted and deodexed, but that's it. Neither of those two procedures should have changed my gallery to the stock Android one.

OP, try switching back to the default Home application and using the gallery. Is it still the stock gallery, or has it, "changed back," to the Motoblur one?

If anyone knows anything else, please post and let us know.

4. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

When I had 2.3.13 I had the other gallery. It looked fancier but it would not correctly crop pictures for backgrounds. I'm glad they removed it because now I'm not tempted to use (due to the more polished look). I know that for wallpaper it would ask me which gallery I wanted to default to, and once I selected the fancier one (IO guess its a blur one?) I could not change it back to the stock one. (I think I froze them in ti backup rebooted, unfroze them rebooted and then got the prompt again).

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

You can clear an applicaton's defaults by going to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > [Name of application here] > Clear defaults. You would do this for whichever gallery you last selected. The next time you try to use the gallery, it will ask you again.

6. tcallahan

tcallahan Well-Known Member

ok.. dont like that stock launcher as i posted before... Still no word from anyone on if you are able to get the blur one back... BUT GUYS if you dont like that laggy ugly stock one.. check out this app: 3D Gallery. Better than the blur one if you ask me.. its just beautiful. TRY IT OUT! YOULL BE HAPPY! Especially if you like the blur one. sort of similar but better.

let me know what you think...