• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A newbie needs help

Vesta

Feb 29, 2012
Hi,

I've just signed up so I'm new to all this Android Theme stuff but I was wondering how people get their Android lock screens in particular to be so different unique? I've also seen the word widget a few times and wonder what the difference is between a widget and an app?

I hope this is in the right place as well, thanks!

Hello, Vesta and I would be glad to help if you want to change the lock screen theme of your phone (make it different) then I would suggest downloading Go Launcher Ex from the android market. With that launcher you can add a lot more personalization to your device from changing the way the screen transitions when you slide your finger left or right, to changing your lock screen. Also, one of the widgets you see is the clock, like on an HTC phone or there's other ones that display your contacts, messages, time, mail, weather and much more.

Reactions: Vesta
Upvote 0
Reactions: Vesta
Upvote 0
I was wondering if anybody can tell me how to make apk file from mp3 or ringtone so that I can sell it on android market. Please help if anybody knows any info about it. I know there are lot of apps there that can make ringtone from mp3.'

But I was askng if anybody knows how to make apk from mp3 or ringtome. in order to list it on android market

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones