A newer build of 4.2.1 (JOP40G 4.2.1_r1.2)General

Last Updated:

1. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    Thats likes this.
  2. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Thanks for the info! Makes me wonder if it's worth it running Paranoid Android. Ugh. Dilemma's. I like stock so much, but PA Pie is so nice too. :(
  3. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

OTA RootKeeper worked well for me on 4.2 -> 4.2.1, hopefully this next OTA as well.
  4. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

I'm running the JOP40G build of Android 4.2.1 found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2124549

It's sad when I can't even wait for OTAs from Google with a Nexus device. I think I have a problem. I will say running the above ROM with Franco's kernel is blazing fast though. I think this is the fastest my phone has ever ran (and i've tried multiple nightlies of Cyanogenmod as well as a few other custom 4.2.1 ROMs).

Now bring on the Key Lime Pie.
  5. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

I lol'd
  6. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

Aw man. I was hoping to hold of rooting for a bit... but now you've got me itching to try out that one. :)
  7. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

8. 2 Phonez

2 Phonez Well-Known Member

I thought SuperSU had that functionality built-in?
  9. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member Contributor

That's what the rootkeeper app said in the description. The supersu description says it has a temp unroot function and the paid version has a feature to allow OTA updates. That's as much as I know, but I installed the rootkeeper just in case
  10. 2 Phonez

So I could just use the temp unroot function in SuperSU to do the OTA, at least in theory?
  11. ritchea

ritchea Well-Known Member

I did not know that but had to factory reset through TWRP and noticed SuperSu (and root) was still there afterward.
  12. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member Contributor

13. 2 Phonez

14. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

I'm still on JOP40D, is that bad? lol

I also learned tonight that if you tap on the build number a bunch of times it'll tell you that you're a developer. Yep, Android noob right here, lol.