A newer build of 4.2.1 (JOP40G 4.2.1_r1.2)General

1. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    Thats likes this.
  2. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Thanks for the info! Makes me wonder if it's worth it running Paranoid Android. Ugh. Dilemma's. I like stock so much, but PA Pie is so nice too. :(
  3. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

OTA RootKeeper worked well for me on 4.2 -> 4.2.1, hopefully this next OTA as well.
  4. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

I'm running the JOP40G build of Android 4.2.1 found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2124549

It's sad when I can't even wait for OTAs from Google with a Nexus device. I think I have a problem. I will say running the above ROM with Franco's kernel is blazing fast though. I think this is the fastest my phone has ever ran (and i've tried multiple nightlies of Cyanogenmod as well as a few other custom 4.2.1 ROMs).

Now bring on the Key Lime Pie.
  5. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

I lol'd
  6. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

Aw man. I was hoping to hold of rooting for a bit... but now you've got me itching to try out that one. :)
  7. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

8. 2 Phonez

2 Phonez Well-Known Member

I thought SuperSU had that functionality built-in?
  9. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member Contributor

That's what the rootkeeper app said in the description. The supersu description says it has a temp unroot function and the paid version has a feature to allow OTA updates. That's as much as I know, but I installed the rootkeeper just in case
  10. 2 Phonez

So I could just use the temp unroot function in SuperSU to do the OTA, at least in theory?
  11. ritchea

ritchea Well-Known Member

I did not know that but had to factory reset through TWRP and noticed SuperSu (and root) was still there afterward.
  12. OhSeven

OhSeven Well-Known Member Contributor

13. 2 Phonez

14. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

I'm still on JOP40D, is that bad? lol

I also learned tonight that if you tap on the build number a bunch of times it'll tell you that you're a developer. Yep, Android noob right here, lol.