• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Noobie's Guide to Evo Defects - (Pro Tips Wanted)

music_pharoah

Jun 21, 2010
Okay, so after perusing the forums and gather information, there are many assumptions and defects to be discussed.

First off, to state my credit, I am an Evo 0003 owner on 6/17.

I have seen people discussing many, many problems with the Evo.

So, let's discuss:
-Screen raising, not being flush or recessed, near bottom
-Light Leakage
-Battery cover not being flush
-Power button sinking
-Battery issues
-Random reboot
-Grounding issues

Please, anyone who has knowledge of these, has pictures of these, or can help, post your info here and define them.
*Especially* the light leakage - what exactly is this? and does anyone have a picture?

The reason I want this thread to exist, is that many people have been posting threads about defects...but some of us are just ignorant as to what many of them mean. I'm looking for definitions with pictures, please.

Grouding Issues - These issues arise when a user attempts to set their Evo on a surface other than there head that is normally level. Defects have varied here depending on user, below are the following levels of defects.
-When the Evo is placed level, the phone is unresponsive to touch.
-When the Evo is placed level, just the notification bar is unresponsive.
-When the Evo is placed on a hard surface, it will function normally; however, when placed on a soft surface such as a blanket, the notification bar will not respond.

Screen Raised Issues - Users have posted far and few pictures of their screens not being flush or recessed with the lip of the phone. Some people experience:
-The bottom part of the screen being raised above the lip and exposing the underside of the screen.
-The screen being flush with the lip while the top of the phone is recessed.
-The edge of the screen curving out or not being straight.

Power Button Sinking Issues - The power button is an integral part of the phone; however, many users have commented that it goes more and more flush over time.
-The power button will begin to sink into the phone and become flush with the surface.
-The power button will not return to its original position.
-The power button sinks too far and is unresponsive.

Upvote 0
Power Port Issue:

The micro usb port, on the phone, does not correctly contact the charging cable. It is a constant battle of jiggling to keep a charge in the phone. Currently the cable is held in position with electrical tape. It either is a manufacturer defect or after normal wear and tear, the micro usb port gets damaged. Either way, my EVO is going back to Best Buy today, I have already spoken with Sprint about the issue, and they are aware.

As discussed in this thread: http://androidforums.com/support-tr...105948-power-port-already-broken-htc-evo.html

Anybody else having this issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones