• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A note app that does this?

Ander111

Lurker
Jun 22, 2016
Hey guys,

I've just gotten my first Android phone and am trying to get stuff set up for ordinary ol' daily use.

Does anyone know of a free or low-cost app with these features?:
  • Write plain-text notes and organize them in categories (folders)
  • Select font size
  • List notes in actual lists (not like Post-It notes, etc.)
  • Sync to a Google service, email address, Dropbox, etc. (anywhere other than the developer's site)
  • No ads
  • NOT be a bloated do-everything app with media features, social networking, blimp navigation, etc.
Bonus (but not necessary) features:
  • Bulleted lists
  • Checkboxes for to-dos
  • Select background color
This seems like pretty basic functionality, but I've been unable to find anything like that it far. Thanks for your suggestions!

Thanks very much, guys! I've tried both of them now.

I like Google Keep's effortless syncing. However, I wish there were a way to list notes by title, rather than always having to see graphic representations of them—including a good deal of their contents—as though they were "real" notes. I realize Google's just trying to be (non-technical) user-friendly. For the rest of us, though, it's such an inefficient use of limited display space. It'd be great if a list-style UI were an option.

Note Everything is terrific, very well designed. I don't mind paying for the SD-backup version, but I wish it had integrated online backup. (It may be hard to believe, but people actually lose their phones now and then.) Do you manually back up your files online? I just wonder how you handle that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones