1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

A number of popular c++ libraries ported to android

1. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

I have created a public github repository that includes a number of popular open source C and C++ libraries that I have ported to android. The github page can be found here:
    https://github.com/jonbonazza/common-android-native-libs

Currently, the following libraries are included:
    -FreeImage - this is a more compact version of FreeImage that only includes support for BMP, GIF, ICO, JPEG, PCX, PSD, TIFF, PNG, and TGA filetypes.
    -FreeSLW - port of Lukas Heise's OpenAL wrapper library, FreeSLW, that supports WAV and OGG Vorbis audio file loading and playback.
    -GLU ES This is a port of the OpenGL GLU library to OpenGL ES. This port was not done by me, however I had to do a bit of tweaking to get it to compile for android.
    -Lua - This was not done by me, however I thought I would include it here anyway since it can be a pain to find.
    -Luabind - This one is my baby. I was not able to find this anywhere else and took a lot of hacking to make it work.

I will add more libraries as they come along and if anyone has one that they would like to contribute, please feel free to email me!

Enjoy!

Advertisement
    :
    jonathanrz likes this.
  2. jonbonazza

If someone wants to contribute to this by writing some Java JNI wrappers for any of these libraries let me know. It's something that should be done, but it isn't needed for my project, so I don't really have the time to devote to it.
  3. lasdogin

lasdogin Member

Dose this software support the functionality of cloud storage?
  4. jonbonazza

Whay do you mean? Which library are you referring to?
  5. jonbonazza

Working on a couple more options, including:
    -CEGUI an OpenGL GUI Library (Useful for game development)
    -PCRE a regular expression library (It was required for CEGUI, so I thought I would include it as well. I will also be hosting a port of freetype2 that was done by someone else for convenience.
  6. jonbonazza

OK, so PCRE has been completely ported, but CEGUI is still in the process of being so. It's close, just haven't had time to finish it. I will upload them both when both are complete.

If anyone is interested in writing some Java binding code for any of the libraries, let me know. I don't necessarily need them for my project, but it would be something nice to include.
  7. jonbonazza

Unfortunately, CEGUI makes use of the GLEW library and many OpenGL extensions. The GLEW library does not support OpenGL ES, nor do many of the extensions used by CEGUI. Because of this, CEGUI would require major modifications to be sucessfully ported to Android. This is not a job for me, but someone who actually helps maintain CEGUI.

The PCRE library was, however, successfully ported and I will upload it the minute I get a chance.
  8. jonbonazza

The FreeSLW library has been completely tested and seems to be working as intended. It is no longer considered experimental and is safe to use in production code. The original post has been updated to reflect this.
  9. moviemastersdk

moviemastersdk Well-Known Member

will any of these libraries make XML parsing easier?
  10. jonbonazza

No, but i can make one if you wish. I use TinyXml for that, but the librart is so small that i normally just include tge source files in my project directly.