a perspective Android

Last Updated:

1. ReverbTank

ReverbTank Member This Topic's Starter

I currently own an iPhone 2G, but my next phone will run Android. I don't know what that phone is yet. Right now I'm exploring the forum to help me get an idea what phone would suit me best. Once I finally get an Android phone, I hope to get into the more exciting parts of the discussion such as development.

Great to be here!
    -ReverbTank

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

It really depends on which carrier you decide to go with.. But IMO, Android is way better than Apple, so whichever u choose, you can't go wrong. And welcome to the Android Forums!

3. ReverbTank

The carrier is chosen for me. My parents don't seem to mind if I stay on their family plan with AT&T which they're paying for. I don't think they'd be so keen on me paying the difference and switching to another carrier.

I've got some general questions like,

"If Android is open source, can I go in and edit/compile source code for my phone?"

"Are UI's typically open source also?"

I've read some articles that suggest that AT&T is taking the fun out of Android (AT&T Shackles Android Again with HTC Aria - PCWorld). Is it still worth it?

Thanks!

4. ReverbTank

It sounded to me like you were asking for more info, but it looks like my reply is better suited for other places.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi, on behalf of the Android Forums team, I want to sincerely and warmly welcome you!! :)