1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

A Phone Application - For Golfing Fans!!!

Last Updated:

1. Tom_MFC

Tom_MFC New Member This Topic's Starter

This is just being posted to find what you guys would think about an app like this.

Next summer I am looking to set myself the project of creating my first ever app.

I have mulling over ideas and if they were to be any good, or useful to the public.

My best idea that I can think of is a Golfing application which users would use to do numerous things:

a.) A List with a host of different golf game ideas! Never be short of golf competition ideas between a group of you ever again!

b.) Shot Tracker. Playing in a match? Playing in a competition, and not sure how many shots you are going to be giving / receiving? This feature will let you know always. Includes 3/8ths, 3/4ths, 1/2th, 7/8ths, and full differences.

c.) Accurate details and guidence of the main golfing rules. Please note this app wouldnt be much use whislt playing a round of golf, as I belive a ruling is being made to prevent phones being used on the golf cousre in the near future. But are you sat in the clubhouse? Are you a Golfing referee? Are you a person just taking up the wonderful game? Whatever you are, you can use this feature to keep on top of all the main golf rules, just the rules you need to know to play the game of golf. Who knows? Keeping yourself on top of the main basic golf rules could make a big difference in you winning competitions, and losing!!!???

d.) Golfing Rules Quizes. These would be perfect to the golfer who is willing to widen their understanding of the different golf rules. There would probably be 3 / 4 different quizes released every 3 or so months TO START WITH. If that becomes a success then it may become a bigger feature and be new quizes every month maybe?

I just for now want to know what you guys here think of this. Is it a worthwhile idea for me? Is their some business oppotunity available really? Are there some features that I missed out that you think could be included, and would help this become a success?

What platforms should I make this avilable on?

Any general questions? All questions are welcomed, and all will be of use!!!

Thanks a lot for reading guys

Advertisement
  2. jev

jev Well-Known Member

I don't really care much for (a), (b) is part of almost all scoring apps, (c) is available from the usga (see here).