• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A phone for my wife

Don't overlook Samsung's last great Flagship, the Galaxy S5.

I have two of them, and they are a great phone, the camera is excellent...
in fact, the default camera does a better job than any of the Play Store camera apps.

I have the camera set to default at 2048 pixels, simply because 100% of my pictures end up on forums.
and that allows me to do direct uploads w/o having to reduce the image size for the upload.

also, that gives me 8 times more room to store pictures..... 16 mP can burn up a lot of storage space if you are an active picture taker.

I am now using a Samsung Note 4.
An awesome camera, even better than the S5....
the S Pen might be useful for your wife, as she could make some hand written notes on the fly and attach them to SMS or email.

I like the Note 4 simply because of the larger screen, my 73 y/o eyes say "thank you" for bigger fonts.

Upvote 0
The Nexus 5X? 5.2 inch screen, pretty decent camera and it's relatively cheap.

Why isn't it fair if she gets a G3?

Nexus 5 A bit then the amount I can spend, but seems interesting, i'll check it out with her.
I have a G4, it doesn't feel right.

Don't overlook Samsung's last great Flagship, the Galaxy S5.

I have two of them, and they are a great phone, the camera is excellent...
in fact, the default camera does a better job than any of the Play Store camera apps.

I have the camera set to default at 2048 pixels, simply because 100% of my pictures end up on forums.
and that allows me to do direct uploads w/o having to reduce the image size for the upload.

also, that gives me 8 times more room to store pictures..... 16 mP can burn up a lot of storage space if you are an active picture taker.

I am now using a Samsung Note 4.
An awesome camera, even better than the S5....
the S Pen might be useful for your wife, as she could make some hand written notes on the fly and attach them to SMS or email.

I like the Note 4 simply because of the larger screen, my 73 y/o eyes say "thank you" for bigger fonts.

I actually offered her a Galaxy S 5 and even the Note 4, but she don't like Samsung look...

It depends on what your wife uses the phone for. My Darling Bride is positively thrilled with her Moto X Pure Edition, as I am with mine. Well worth a look.

Unfortunately the Moto X Pure is not available in my country, I think she's on to HTC One E9 Plus anyway.
Thx mate

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones