A question about storage.....Support

Last Updated:

1. SoupAssassin

SoupAssassin Active Member This Topic's Starter

So the Incredible has an 8GB internal SD, and I have added an 8GB external SD. In Windows Mobile you are always asked where you want to save things, not so with Android. As far as I know, EVERYTHING is saved to the external SD (Extra/Miscellaneous app data, web downloads, etc); in fact the only thing I have found that doesn't save to the external SD is photos and videos taken with the phone which save in DCIM in the phones root, though those too can be saved to the external if you want.

So what exactly ever goes in this internal 8GB's? It seems to me like besides the bit of space one would use for videos and photos taken with the phone, that 8GB (or 7.49 or whatever it is when formatted) is going to sit there doing....nothing. Am I correct on this?

Advertisement
  2. SoupAssassin

SoupAssassin Active Member This Topic's Starter

bump

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

This has been answered several dozen times, probably why no one has answered you yet. Part of the internal 8GB (748MB of it) is for apps. The rest is for music, videos, and photos. Custom ROMs now support installing apps to it.

4. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

I store all my music and photos there, but only the stock photo/music apps can find them.