A question about Tranquility/Blur-less ROMS and contacts

Last Updated:

1. dabomb224

dabomb224 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have reached the point in my Droid X ownership where I have decided that it is time to start modding. Specifically, I am interested in installing either Tranquility (to remove most of my Blur apps) or a Blur-less ROM like Rubix focused.

My questions are as follows:

1) If I install one of these, will I still retain any contacts that my stock Droid X pulled from Facebook and other Social Networking media? I may be mistaken, but I believe that the ability to pull phone numbers, birthdays, e-mail addresses, etc. from sites like Facebook is a Blur feature, no? Does that mean that once the Blur is gone, I will no longer have access to this kind of advanced Contact management? I know that I can backup my contacts to the Google "cloud", but I'm not sure if this will work with info pulled from Social Networking sites. I'm also not sure what the "Blur-less" Contacts interface will be like compared to the stock Blur one.

2) I use the Moto Contact Quick Task widget religiously. Is there a non-blur analog to this, or alternately, can anyone provide a link to the .apk for this widget?

Advertisement
  2. brandonmg99

brandonmg99 Well-Known Member

the contacts to sync but the pics do not. i know because i had to link my girlfriends contacts together about 1000 times in my search for the perfect rom. contacts widget is not there. i heard that the folder organizer app has a feature for direct contact widgets but i havent tried it. i went with 0.3 blurry. its just as fast with the blur i like. my selling point was the 360 map feature on google maps. wasnt there without blur.