A question on Bluetooth issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is my official first thread on anything I've had to complain about with this phone.
    I am hoping somebody has a simple solution.

What's up with the Bluetooth??

I am using a Jawbone Prime with my Droid X (2.1 non-rooted). Nothing special.

The Bluetooth has been hit or miss from day one. Sometimes it connects just fine, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, during a call, the headset will just stop working and transfer back to the handset (it still says it is connected, but the sound is no longer coming through the Jawbone). Sometimes, when I receive a call, the headset will pick up and sometimes it won't.

My favorite - the volume is all the way down each and every time I start and/or receive a call. :mad:

The Jawbone works flawlessly with my other phones.
    I've tried re-pairing multiple times.

I've noticed the same behavior with the Bluetooth in my truck, too, so it has to be the DX.

Does the leaked Froyo improve things?

Help!:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I don't really have any issues with BT. I have occasionally dropped sound when on a call, and honestly I think I hit the BT button at the bottom of the screen. Because that green light will be off and I can tap it again and the BT sound comes back on.

I did have a few issues with my new car headunit, but re-booting the phone made that go away.

3. trentmh

trentmh Member

I have the Jawbone Icon and I'm having the same issues that you are experiencing. Only thing is that I haven't tried the Icon with other phones. Most of the time I have to either turn off the Icon or the bluetooth radio on the DX to fix the issue. I'm really hoping the 2.2 update corrects whatever issue this is. Oh, I made sure to update my Icon to the latest software this did not help either.

4. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I have an icon as well and I updated the A2Dp software first thing (well second thing) after I bought it.

I don't have those problems as long as I'm not holding the phone in my hand. I really think when it happened I hit the little BT button at the bottom of the phone screen. Done it twice so far. Apparently I have large hands.