a random question about battery

Last Updated:

1. jokerbb101

jokerbb101 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, my question might seem stupid but somehow I really want to know the difference between [charged] and [100%] shown on the screen when I charge the battery.

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Charged = fully charged & 100% = maximum charge, means the handset can't store anymore juice.

jokerbb101 likes this.
  3. jokerbb101

Thanks. does it mean everytime I charge the phone I have to keep it charging until it shows [100%] instead of [charged]?

4. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

i keep mine going till its showing 100%,

5. jokerbb101

Thanks. I was confused since I rarely got 100%. Most of the time is shown as charged. Will keep charging tonight and see.

6. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

The phone charger cuts out at 100% and then the phone begins to slowly drain from using apn, data, gps, syncing, standby etc depending on your settings, and will drop back to 90%, when it hits 90% the phone will begin to charge again back to 100%. This is why sometimes despite charging for hours, the phone is only at 95% ish when you unplug it.

7. jokerbb101

Hi I have charged it twice during these couple if days. Yet it is always shown as charged not 100%. It takes about 3 hours to charge. Should I keep charging it til it shows 100%.

8. Merk78

Merk78 Active Member

This will probably sound really stupid to some, but will leaving the phone plugged into a charger all night cause any long term damage??

I never charge my Desire at night, usually charging during the day via my laptop when at work or for a couple of hours at home. My wife however is a nurse so does not have the option of charging during the day when she is working, opting to leave her Desire plugged in all night.

:confused:

9. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

You should be fine leaving it plugged in overnight. The newer technology batteries are better suited to cope and both the phone and battery will have overcharge\overheat protection built in. I charge mine every night with no problems whatsoever.

10. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

once it reaches 100% it stops charging, so its fine to leave it on overnight, when it hits 90% it begins charging again.