• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Really, REALLY Dumb Question...

lol, thats not a dumb question. Its a good one.

You cant do that with the Atrix. It will have a boot loader thats locked down tight. That means no custom ROMs with a custom kernel. Boot loader aside, I dont think any non-HTC phone can fully run Sense UI. If its happened I missed it. It has been tried but dont know if it ever been done.

With Blur, the only major complaints are the Blur launcher and maybe the lock screen not being as smooth as Sense UI's. If you replace both Blur isnt that bad. Launcher Pro, ADW, Go Launcher are favorites among folks with current Blur phones. Widget Locker is a favorite for the lock screen. The Blur widgets are plain to me, so I dont use em. Sense has better widgets IMO.

If it will be anything like the Droid X, the Atrix can have custom ROMs without a custom kernel. It would be easier and less writing for me...lol to read up here:

Droid X - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones