A restart problem

Last Updated:

1. MrAngeloRogers

MrAngeloRogers Member This Topic's Starter

Just realized by way of twitter and a couple of map apps that whenever the satellite icon popped up in the window at the top it restarts itself. Its not THAT big of a problem and still love the phone, its just taking a wee bit of the phones fun away...... (In twitter my location is on if it helps. Also the gps has nothing to do with it because i have it on all the time.)
    Please help :eek:

Advertisement
  2. MrAngeloRogers

Any help is plenty.

3. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Try turning the phone off and back on to get a fresh start. Just hold the power button down and it will give you the option to turn off. That is a weird issue.

Have you done the update yet? Tried a hard reset if nothing else works?

MrAngeloRogers likes this.
  4. MrAngeloRogers

Done the update everything was cool. What happens when i do a hard reset? Im a newbie to this phone tech stuff. :D

5. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Yes the GPS does have something to do with it. You may have it turned on but that Satellite icon popping up and flashing means it is actually accessing the GPS. I would do a hard reset which essentially means you will do a Factory reset and lose all installed apps and settings and start from scratch. Everything on your SD card will stay the same. Do a search for a good back up App if you like but I usually just do the Hard Reset, resync my contacts from Google and then Re-download all my apps. It sounds like a pain (and it kind of is lol) but it fixes a lot of these types of little bugs

MrAngeloRogers likes this.
  6. MrAngeloRogers

THANKS!!!! The reset thingy surely did the job! Now the phone is PERFECTION!!!!!