A scanner darkly

Last Updated:

1. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else as big a fan of this movie as I am? I watch this movie almost 2 times a month, something about it just captures my attention everytime, the way its done visually is great the acting and story line are awesome too.

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

I sat down to try and watch it but just couldn't get into it so turned it off.

3. cjr72

cjr72 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the movie and read the book many years ago. Besides this one several other Philip K. Dick books and short stories have been made into movies: Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report. Many of his books deal with alternate realities or different perceptions of the same reality. I remember 'Ubik' being one of my favorite books by Dick but it's been so long since I read it that I can't remember the specifics anymore...

4. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

If you liked the visual aspects of this movie. Waking Life is another movie you may want to check out. Just a warning tho, it is extremely dry, but very interesting if your in the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2DeTet98o

5. benny02

benny02 Guest

I haven't watched A Scanner Darkly movie yet but will like to soon.

6. cactusmitch

cactusmitch Member

And I just watched Blade Runner last night! Nexus-6 is the state of the art "replicant" that saves Harrison Ford's butt. Nexus one is the Google development phone for Android. Who here has a twisted sense of humor?