• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Petrah

Psychotic Female
Jun 13, 2011
Hanover Park, IL
subliminalconfusion.net
Anyone else that already has 4.3 getting an additional update notice today? I got one, but haven't touched it yet.

Fully stock, not rooted.

Edit: Installed. Not a single word about this anywhere online.

Screenshot_2013-09-11-21-01-31.png

Reactions: ironass and Petrah
Upvote 0
Got the update last night after my impatience caused me to force the update. First thing that I noticed was the size. This update was 1.8mb on the Nexus 4, but 16.6mb on the S4 GPE. They clearly had to change more things on our device.

The only things that I definitely noticed are that the camera firmware was updated (not sure yet what was change with it) and that my phone is making use of roughly 20% less RAM when idle (likely a result of me flushing some things and not the update itself). I'll post if I notice anything, but so far I'm going to assume that any perceived performance gains are placebo.

Upvote 0
If I didn't know any better Id say that my battery seems to be lasting a lot longer. I noticed this yesterday when I realized I had forgotten to plug my phone in when I went to bed (I should of screenshotted!). Almost 20 hours and the battery was at 63%.

I *do* have location history disabled, and have not enabled it since the update.

I'm going to see if I can replicate that again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones