A silly Moment screen question...Support

Last Updated:

1. Skatter

Skatter Active Member This Topic's Starter

...is the lack of multitouch a hardware or software thing? And if the latter, does the Android 2.1 update (or various replacement ROMs if they exist) fix this?

Just curious! I'd love to get a Moment even with the bad things reported...since I see just as many bad things reported about the Hero as well after reading a lot of posts here. :/

Of course, if the stars align properly...I'd like to go EVO...but that's another story...

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

It's a Samsung thing as in they're too chickens*** to take on Apple...or at least that's what I've been told. Without multitouch drivers from Samsung, there's virtually no chance that we'll ever see that feature.

3. Skatter

Skatter Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sigh. Okay, next part of the question..does the lack of multitouch hurt the Android experience on the Moment? Or can you still double-tap to zoom and such? Keep in mind, I'm asking as someone who has only minimal experience with Android, and all that was gleaned from playing with a friend's phone for a whopping 5 minutes and poking at a couple at my local Sprint store. :)

Thanks!

4. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

Yes. You can still double tap to zoom.