• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a simple distance calculator

MJI

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
I'm looking for a very simple app where you type in two towns and it returns with the number of driving miles between the two. Doesn't need GPS, just a offline database. You know, like the grid that AAA prints on their maps? follow the vertical line and the horizontal line and there is your distance?
thanks,
MJ

Not sure if you're still looking for something, but I made my first app to calculate the distance between 2 locations and give the distance and estimated travel time. It uses the Google Maps API for location autocomplete and distance information. There's also a button to launch maps to get driving directions straight from the app.

I can't post links in this forum yet, but search Play for "Distance to Here" with quotes to narrow the search... It was fun to do so I'm hoping it will be useful to someone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones