1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

A Simpler Way To Make Calls From the Calendar

Last Updated:

1. Man Set Free

Man Set Free New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

I recently switched from a Blackberry to an Epic and like the phone very much. However the Blackberry had one feature that I found very helpful which the Epic either doesn't have or I just haven't figured out how to do it and it is this: When using the Blackberry I would put info into the Calendar which included a phone # and then when going to it after saving it, it would highlight the phone # by default and all I had to do was push the phone symbol to make a call. Thus far w/ the Epic, I need to write down the phone # on a piece of paper and dial it. Any advice?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. braj

braj Well-Known Member

Try using Gemini as your calendar app. It has a feature to add a call event from your address book, and then you will have a clickable link in the appointment when viewing it in Gemini. So far this is the only solution I'm aware of, but Gemini is being actively developed and has lots of other things going for it, namely very flexible repeating events, also missing in the default calendar.

3. alb

alb Member

Put the phone number in the location field. Then when you open the appointment you can click on the number directly or on the phone symbol that shows up on the left of it.

4. braj

braj Well-Known Member

Does the Epic have a different calendar than the Captivate? This doesn't work for me, wish it did!

5. alb

alb Member

Sorry about that, this works on the EVO