A small problem with Villian 5.1

Last Updated:

1. seymour71

seymour71 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 8, 2010
    Wonder if anyone can help me out with this one?

I have just flashed my Hero with the excellent Villain 5.1 rom, but i'm having a problem with Handcent Sms. When i try to install it, it juts keeps syaing 'insatllation failed, not enough storage space' i can download & install anything else from the market though.

Just re-installed Handcent from a previous Titanium backup with no problems, but when I try to do the same with CoPilot 8, it says 'Copilots code cannot be read by the system'

Any ideas?

2. MetalMickey

MetalMickey Member

Mar 17, 2010
    2 of the main causes of issues in this rom

1: It's ported from CDMA
    2: It's a Sprint based ROM

When I first tried this ROM I was amazed, however over time I have noticed more bug/issues APPS is one, GPS is another, as is sync & today the camera wouldn't even start for me.

Version 5.2 is due to be released tonight, this I believe is based on android stock, so should eliminate a lot of problems, however I believe any port from CDMA to GSM will have issues.
    This is the best 2.1 rom I have used & I always keep going back to it.

Give 5.2 a whirl tonight, according to Twitter, problems with APPS is a priority for the DEV on this release.

Untill the official Hero 2.1 is released they can only go so far with these roms...

There is murmurs of a Samsung Moment port too from this DEV, however that is bound to throw up a whole load of new problems.....:p
    Exciting isn't it!!!:eek: