• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Special Challenge for Android App Devs

Frisco

=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Jan 19, 2010
androidforums.com
There is a handicapped member here who has posted their needs, and also PMed me outlining them specifically.

The challenge has to do mostly with mobility of fingers and hands, so the need revolves around special increased sensitivity of the tablet screen as well as special app buttons needed to move back and forth in pages/screens.

Here is the thread where I first saw the member's issues:

http://androidforums.com/computers/672382-controlling-problem.html#post5399582

Here is a copy of the latest PM to me:

Hi, Frisco, my Android friend:)

I separate my needs & difficulties to perform into 2 lists.

Needs:
1. Home/Back button on screen.

2. Similar function like ClickLock from Windows, so that I can drag, scroll up/down without holding down the touchpad button.

3. Faster pointer speed.

4. Keyboard enables to pop out with touchpad click on any message boxes, search bars, etc (every area that needs word typing).

Difficulties to perform on Android:

1. Once I enter an app I am unable to quit. Because I use an external touchpad to controll my Android device (Note 2 LTE), left click functioned as choose & back for right click. However, I can just sharply tap on the touchpad to perform left click functions (single & double click) but I can't press any keys, including right click.

2. Although I can double click, I'm not able holding down any button and I can just perform fine movements. I can't scroll down/up when reading/surfing net on phone.

3. My hand function has become weaker and weaker. Therefore, I find too exhausted to controll my phone because I have to move hardly always to perform a motion (e.g, moving to choose an app / typing). If the sensitivity of phone can be increased, I can only move a little to controll it easier.

4. I don't know what's wrong when I click on any msg. boxes/fields by my touchpad, the keyboard doesn't pop out! You must use finger to touch on screen in order to make the keyboard appeared on it. It sounds stupid but this is really I have experienced -_-

OK that's all. Please look at the photos (click to enlarge) of my mouse settings on computer for ref. Feel free to ask for further information, thanks:)
advanced_setting.png
[/URL][/IMG]

click_lock.png
[/URL][/IMG]

tapping.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Regards,
Josy

---------------------

Any help or suggestions by a developer, or anybody else who has faced and resolved these issues, will be vastly appreciated. :)

- Frisco

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones