A tail of two email apps

Last Updated:

1. ronjcar

ronjcar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The droid as two email apps built in that I see. One is for gmail only and the other for any other email out there (excluding yahoo). The other one also one can be set up to use as a gmail account. What is the benefit to setting up the gmail app to only gmail and not just putting gmail on the other one so all you email accounts are displayed in one location? Do both of the settings push the gmail to your phone or does your phone have to fetch on one of the settings?

Also, is there a way to set up your email to only fetch once every 12 or 24 hours? I think the only options I see is up to 1 hr or manually.

Thanks
    Ron

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and STOP using both of the stock email apps. Install K-9 Mail Beta. A lot more features, better GUI, all email accounts under one roof, better attachment capabilities, etc. and so on. You won't be sorry.

3. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

Definitely agree on that one.

4. jackson0146

jackson0146 New Member

What about those of us that use it for work email. The Blackberry Storm that I just switched from had major flaws but the email functionality to our network was great. I could search network contacts with every email or phone call made so every employee (even those that I don't have personally saved in my phone but may need to be contacted every once in a while) were easily accessable. I was never disconnected from finding any of our employees. The email interface is my only complaint with the phone. If it were my personal phone it would be perfect, but I need to also use it for work.

5. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

@jackson0146 - HIJACK ALERT! This thread is about the Gmail and Email apps ... not about Corporate mail or Exchange. Use the search feature for that subject. That's a whole other can of worms. It depends greatly on how your company has their corporate mail server setup.

6. jackson0146

jackson0146 New Member

messenger 13 -
    Thanks. First time posting here. Was just wondering if K-9 would also be a good solution for work. I will search another thread.

7. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

+1 !!!!!!

8. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I can't stand the UI of K-9. Can you skin it? It's so cluttered and cramped looking.