• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Tale of Two Sprint Stores.......

DrewJedi

Lurker
Nov 1, 2010
I've been waiting for 4G roll out in Morris County, NJ (about 30 miles outside NYC) before upgrading from an iPhone 3G to an HTC Evo. I was originally told that it was going live on 11/1 which was true from NYC and eastern NJ (Bergen, Hudson, etc.) but not where I live.

Went to one Sprint store yesterday and was told 4G by the end of this week or 10 days at the outside.

Went to another Sprint store today and was told that they've rolled out what they have for now. I was shown a coverage map which shows no 4G planned for my part of the state. He went on to say the area should be full 4G in NJ by January.

Not sure what to believe. I think the latter rather the former is closer to reality.

Will probably still make the move anyway but still.

That's my story.

PS -

Just got off the phone with Sprint and was told that there is no information on when 4G might go live by me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones