A thread for people with Froyo who are NOT having problems.General

Last Updated:

1. JGGRN

JGGRN Member This Topic's Starter

Can we try to keep the negativity and bitching out of this thread?

I've been running Froyo on my Dinc for about a week now. I am very happy with the difference. I did the OTA update then a hard reset on my phone. These are a few of the improvements I like:

With 2.1, I had to turn off the mobile network to get through a 12 hour shift at work with occasional facebook and light texting. Now, I use the phone just as I normally would and still have > 40% battery at the end of the work shift.

The keyboard doesn't LOOK any different, but my typing is much more accurate and less frustrating. Maybe something was changed there?

I love the new send button in the SMS compose box.

"Update all" Need I say more?

What improvments are you guys enjoying? Let's infuse a little positive energy into this section of AndroidForums!

Advertisement
  2. jareth

jareth Well-Known Member

I think I'm not. I've had some issue, but they may be just me. Google maps pinch to zoom has been screwy, and the stock htc alarmclock hasn't been gonig off 100% of the time, though maybe I've been sliding to shut it off in my sleep?

Well regardless, wifi tethering and flashlight apps ftw; they're so practical, I don't know how I lived without them. I work as a tech at [store name withheld], and both are vital, especially for looking inside pcs, or when our shitty shitty network goes down.

3. Whohulkwalk

Whohulkwalk Well-Known Member

Froyo bricked my phone so I had to get a refurb but froyo on this phone is great
    Flash and the flash light are my fav

4. JGGRN

JGGRN Member This Topic's Starter

Was I not clear in my original post? Did you guys not understand that this topic was for people who did NOT have trouble with Froyo?

There are plenty of other threads for you to complain about bricked phones and pinch-and-zoom not working right.

I am losing faith in this forum and the people who populate it.

dsolis, secretLOVER, Shano and 8 others like this.
  5. Whohulkwalk

Whohulkwalk Well-Known Member

What did I just say its working great with my new phone
    So I posted saying so I just had to mention it bricked my other phone

6. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member

I think what the problem is with mentioning the "Bricked" phone is that's how easy it is to get deterred from the original thread heading when your problems happen to also be someone elses , however no need to be rude we're all here for fun and intelligent discussionon these devices we love.
    That being said, I like how the camera buttons rotate depending on how your holding the phone. I also like that if you swipe your finger up and down anywhere on the screen when in camera it zooms in and out. I like Chrome to phone although sometimes it wont work . I like moving apps to the SD card. My battery life seems better. Signal strength seems more accurate. WiFi tether is the shit! and I did the free WiFi hack works awesome with my iPad.

Sorry if mentioning Chrome to phone not always working didn't fit well with your instructions ;-)

7. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

Before I got the update I wanted/needed to do a hard reset as my Incredible performance was crappy to say the least. I did a backup (BTW, My Backup Pro is great) and reinstalled all my apps and data. Things were great and then got even better because I then got the OTA update about a couple days after the factory reset. Now, on top of getting some more cool apps like Flash 10.1, Flashlight, Amazon MP3, etc, my Incredible is running sweeter than ever. I run my backup app automatically everynight and have slowed down in downloading apps especially junk apps (Talking Tom Cat?). I've organized my music files a bit, contacts are entered and backed up, and my home page is just how I like it. Used to use aftermarket launchers and screen lockers but I'm over that so I'm pretty much stock at the moment. Don't need anything fancy other than Beautiful Widgets and Live wallpaper which is quite awesome and really shows off that facet of android. Forget Apple Iphones, Android smartphones are for me and Froyo has been delicious from the start. It was worth the wait.

8. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I've had NO issues with Froyo either! I love the ability to move apps to the SD and Flash. Already had flashlight and Wifi tether from rooting the phone, but love the fact that they're included in Froyo. Battery seems about the same, signal about the same. It was a nice update for Android. Can't wait to see what's next in the Android updates...

No problems here!

9. jbh00jh

jbh00jh Well-Known Member

I installed the 8/26 leaked RUU update on Aug. 29th and have not had the first problem to this point. I did the RUU because it wipes your phone clean before installing the 2.2 update , eliminating potential problems.
    I get a lot stronger wi-fi signal , four bars at home instead of the two I was getting before the new radio, more speed with apps and internet and smoother
    scrolling on websites. So I am very happy with froyo and have no complaints so far. I use an external battery charger which gives my batt a full charge every night while I sleep , so I am not having the battery problems. I have the 2150 mAh extended battery and get almost 2 days with it , 18 hours with a lot of use.
    So I am very happy with my Incredible . :)

10. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

Rainbows, sugarplums and unicorn farts, that's what froyo means to me.

11. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

FLASH FLASH AND MORE FLASH!!!!

Was using Skyfire because they had LIMITED flash before froyo but I love flash. Havent found a broswer I love, so I am using the stock browser.

Flashlight is very handy and well designed.

Havent even looked at the voice to text enhancement I heard a bout a week or two ago..... that should be awesome

However, the best thing about froyo to me is that Launcher Pro is extraordinarily faster and smoother.

12. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

We lost faith in Texas long ago my friend.

Jk Jk

I love Froyo...ive had 0 system problems. Little 3g issue but flash has been the biggest improvement that I care about. I want HTC to release a keyboard version of this phone, i went from 7-10k texts a month to like 2k..but that could be because I was trying to get my, now girlfriend, to be my girlfriend haha

13. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

I initially had typing lag, but all is well after a hard reset. Everything is working fine now, I love how much more snappy the phone is.

Now, if they fixed the slow charge issue, I'd be completely happy.

14. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

My phone works pretty much the same as it did on 2.1. One minor issue that seems to be resolved but otherwise it's pretty much the same.

15. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

the slow charge WAS the fix

16. NoRegrets78

NoRegrets78 Well-Known Member

LOVE Froyo! Did the RUU update from 8/26 as well and have had nothing but positive experiences with it! Battery life is a tad better, although reception didn't improve much. Wireless N, mobile hotspot, flashlight, and flash 10.1 made this phone complete for me. Do not miss the iPhone at all anymore.

17. droidmo

droidmo Well-Known Member

bluetooth voice dialing, voice commands, update all (hellz ya!), and of course the flashlight was fantastic when I was changing my flat tire last night, I have had no really significant issues.

18. cabraswell

cabraswell Well-Known Member

I did the RUU about a week ago and have had zero problems since! Loved the phone before Froyo and still love it! Built in flashlight app is great.

19. tbta02

tbta02 Well-Known Member

no problems .

20. indianajonze

indianajonze Well-Known Member

no problems here. it rocks

21. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible Well-Known Member

Working great.
    Battery drain is nearly zero when asleep.

HTC Upgrades are a mixed bag.
    Wifi upgrade is much more stable with my home router.
    3G radio tweak has really improved signal, but burns more battery during data transfer.

22. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Dismember VIP Member

I've had no issues either.

I have fun reading how emotional everyone gets about it either way.

23. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

no problems. minor irritants, but no problems.

24. dhays90

dhays90 Well-Known Member

Froyo is working great on my phone. No problems so far. I did have a problem upgrading to the new flash but unistalled and problems left. Great

Wifi N i was disappointed for me cause i wanted faster than 64 mb
    I have better call quality. Also changed to EVRC-B
    3G hotspot is very nice.

25. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member

My phone works fine!