A true view into quality

Last Updated:

1. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, as always I've been seeing many threads about poor quality.

"does your evo have light leak?"
    "does your evo suck at battery life?"
    does your evo... on and on.

As a general rule of thumb i usually try not to ever open these threads or obsess about them in order to keep the negativity OUT of my mind, and keep my focus on the positive aspects that I enjoy so much.

But it hit me last night, and I wanted to drop by and spread some info to those of you who find it disappointing or worse that you were charged $200 bones for a new device with "so many flaws".

In my experience (last 2 years alone) this is what I've encountered in the mobile device realm:

MOTO Q: Laggy physical keyboard, burnt out led, HORRIBLE battery, constant screen freezing, reboot, reboot, reboot.

Blackberry Curve 8330: dysfunctional trackball, horrible speaker playback (at times), failed connections to PC, two faulty batteries, battery pull every morning to make it work.

Palm Pre: HORRIBLE build quality, "oreo effect", the worst battery life in the history of batteries, software bugs causing irreparable bugs, mail migration failures, on and on.

iPhone 3g: NO MULTITASKING, BORING Interface, poor battery life

Blackberry Tour: Replaced Twice within first month, initially horrible battery life, light leak, faulty trackball (no vertical movement), system crashes

iPhone 3gs: Same as 3g, blah!

HTC Hero: POOR Battery, Light Leak, no proximity sensor, lag

HTC EVO (Rooted, Rom'd): manageable battery, great hardware, intuitive +++

So the point here is to simply remind some of you that it's likely whatever device you've had in the recent past, as far as smart phones are concerned, have likely had as many if not more reasons to right out bash the manufacturer and curse the device into Dante's fifth ring of hell.

And no, the above issues for past devices aren't even a complete list, these are just the things that pop in my head right away when I think back to each device, there were more problems than you see.

So take this into consideration when you start to doubt your Evo. It's a great piece of equipment, rooted or not. The build quality on a large scale is pretty outstanding, battery life is as expected for the power, display and capabilities, and there's nearly nothing that cannot be tweaked or modded on these devices.

The new iPhone doesn't even like left hands. Give the Evo some love and don't be so hard on yourselves, you made an excellent decision in purchasing your phone.

Advertisement
    jimmysworking, Dutch54 and esone1ll like this.
  2. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

I'm with you, but this phone being crippled the way it is makes it quite frustrating. All the potential in the world. Underachiever of the year, and yet still a candidate for best phone of the year, that should tell you something. This phone should be making everything else irrelevant and instead it's just in the running.

Screen (Separation)
    Battery (Life)
    Camcorder (Image Quality)
    FPS (Meh as far as I'm concerned)

Small tweaks to those 4 things and nothing out now, or coming out could touch it IMO. A barely faster processor here or slightly better display there could not mess with all that the EVO has to offer.

Both HTC and Sprint have really screwed up not putting the right effort and advertising into this phone.

That doesn't mean I don't love the phone because I do, but when you think of how much better it could be without that much effort from them, its rather annoying.

3. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Iphone 4 Grip of death, reversed volume buttons, yellow/white spots on screen, no sides shipped with some models, easy to scratch screen, poor battery life, endless reboot, wifi issues... the list goes on.