• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A unique Droid vs. Incredible question.

Stay with Droid or free trade for Incredible?

• Stay with Droid and overclock cpu

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Straight trade for the Incredible

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Beatlesfan

Apr 12, 2010
So I just got the Droid on a new Verizon contract. I have 14 days to return it for a new phone. The Incredible will be out within that time limit. Do you think I should trade it in for the Incredible? I do like the Droid's physical keyboard, but I'm perfectly happy with good virtual keyboards like the iPhone's. Also, my Droid seems a bit sluggish. I know that I could root and overclock the cpu to fix this, but the Inc. has that 1ghz processor which should be pretty fast. So, if the Incredible really is...incredible, then why not? What are your viewpoints on my situation?

Yes, YES YES. You'd lose out on a physical keyboard, but you get so much more.

I'm just concerned that the Incredible will have poor build quality like all of the other HTC phones I've played with. The Droid is a rock. This thing is incredibly (pun intended, lol) solid. What if I get the Incredible and it turns out that it's made by Fisher Price in Panama by 13 year old kids?

Upvote 0
I'm just concerned that the Incredible will have poor build quality like all of the other HTC phones I've played with. The Droid is a rock. This thing is incredibly (pun intended, lol) solid. What if I get the Incredible and it turns out that it's made by Fisher Price in Panama by 13 year old kids?

So a new and better toy came out with better specs and your curious..go take the DROID back play with the incredible in store to see if you really like it then make your choice then.

Upvote 0
I had a touch screen only for a while but wanted the droid mainly for the keyboard. I have to admit, it's heavy as hell! So if you're okay with touch screen only, go for it! I would have waited for it if I didn't hate not having a keyboard!

I just got done reading the review on the Incredible by Engadget, and they say it totally trumps the Droid, by a long shot. And the battery supposedly is pretty good. That's all I needed. I'll play with it for a bit in the store, but I'll probably end up getting it. Thanks for the help everyone!

Upvote 0
A unique Droid vs. Incredible question.
Uh, no, not really. Threads just like this are all over every Android forum I've hit. Try "ubiquitous". :p

Do you think I should trade it in for the Incredible?
Compare the specs and decide for yourself. What I (or anyone else) think is irrelevant.

I'm just concerned that the Incredible will have poor build quality like all of the other HTC phones I've played with
That is why I'm not all that excited by HTC's devices. Specs on paper are great but they don't necessarily give you the whole picture.

yeah but the hw keyboard on the droid is horrid.
Better than the alternative IMO (for gaming anyway).

Upvote 0
Apparently the Droid actually tests faster due to its GPU. If you use your phone as a GPS in your car, the Droid wins there as well.

OTOH, to have enough memory to store programs, you have to root your phone. There seems to be no clear word as to whether that voids your warranty. Some say yes, some say no. It also appears to be a complicated process that might brick one's phone. Not as simple as simply installing the binaries for su into the Droid. :-(

The Droid can also be over-clocked.

I have an HTC Touch/xv6900. The case got a hairline crack before long, and I was -careful- with it. Then after a little over a year, the internet password would no longer stay in eprom, with the result that in spite of hours on the phone with Verizon techs, and in the store, I had no access to the internet. If that wasn't a fluke, it makes me leery of HTC phones.

So these factors ought also be taken into consideration. I will also be within the 14 days when the Incredible is released (does that mean the 35 dollar restocking fee at BB?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones