A/V Sync Issues with Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. owenleack

owenleack New Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 4, 2010
    I have had my Eris for about 4 days now. I want to use my Eris as a multimedia device, but am having some issues. While the music player works OK (some blips during song change, incoming texts), I am having a lot of difficulties with my video players. I have tons of music videos on my computer and want to import them to use on my phone, but there is a noticable lag with them, and it is especially prominent when watching music videos because of the quick cuts. I have been using Act 1 and Meridian, and both have the same issue. I will admit I am not an expert on this, but I know how to use forums and have a general sense about the video thing. I used HandBrake to re-encode the videos to a much lower bitrate (set to use 300 avg), and output in .mp4a, or whatever the ipod format is. Meridian is telling me that the average bitrates are between 410-490, but there is still noticable lag. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Also, I have read several times that watching pushing menu during the loading of YouTube videos can up the resolution, but my phone doesn't let me do this. Any ideas? Thanks for the help guys, I am getting very frustrated with this whole video playback issue.....

2. colornshape

colornshape Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    The YouTube app has a high res mode. I use an app called Video Player for ripped DVDs. Syncs mp4s just fine at 480x320 256kbps.

NextDVD works pretty great for the ripping.

Hope that helps.