A Very Noob Questions (factory reset, etc)Support

Last Updated:

1. JSammy

JSammy Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a droid eris phone and had it flashed etc. I have no problem going to the web, however whenever I go to android market, it all of the sudden asks for the password to an email that does not exist. Perhaps the fools at metro added it generically to make work? (IE firstnamelastname@gmail.com).

Anyways, I am ASSuming the only reason I can't get into the market is simply this password issue. so I was going to factory reset the phone and then add a new main email address.

My Noob questions is this: AM I think correctly or will it screw up flashing, delete it, etc?

I have spent the better part of a few hours adding the metro flash, etc for web. Im learning, but I really dont feel like screwing something up and I cant seem to find documentation on something this vague.

TIA Peace

JSammy

Advertisement
  2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

you have to have a google account to use the phone, basically. its tied to your contacts syncing, market purchases, everything. if you didn't have one they probably did exactly what you think and gave you one.

call and ask for the password, they either set it to a default password or will be able to reset it for you.

JSammy likes this.
  3. JSammy

ok, thats what i figured. But before i start customizing itm if i reset defaults is that cool, or do i lose the flashing to?

(thanks by the way for the help bud)

4. thrawn86

what exactly did you flash?

if you're going to do a reset you might as well upgrade your rom while you're at it.

5. JSammy

Sorry, let me explain from the beginning. I bought a Eris off craigslist, turns out i think they cloned it and it wa smessed up. I took it to metropcs and they "metro flashed" it. Now while I am working on the guide here for getting web to work etc, wifi works, so when I go to to the market, it asks for the password of a fictitious email they made.

If i factory reset it, i believe I will be able to put in a real email address. My questions is if I reset it, do i lose the metro flash to it or can i factory reset it and I am still good to go?

6. thrawn86

yeah I don't know anything about metro PCS but I'm betting it would be gone if you factory reset.

you should be able to remove your google account through the 'accounts and sync' menu and then add a new one. Unless its different for metro your phones activation shouldn't be tied to your google account, just your contacts and apps and whatnot.

theres instructions on how to do the metro flash floating around here somewhere I think if you want to give it a go.

7. JSammy

can add but cannot delete the initial one entered. But I appreciate your help just the same :)

8. thrawn86

I still think you'd be better off getting their password from them, at least then you have control of the google account and you can import/export your contacts wherever you want from there.